Not Allowed To Share Other Sites?

Decorating By dawnybird Updated 10 Jan 2012 , 6:29pm by CWR41

dawnybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnybird Posted 10 Jan 2012 , 3:24am
post #1 of 8

Heath,
Why is it that when someone mentions a site where you can buy something, like cutters or gum paste tools, the site name is blocked? Those sites are not competitors of Cake Central, since CC doesn't sell things. It would be nice to be able to help each other find the tools of our trade.
Thanks for your time.

7 replies
Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 10 Jan 2012 , 4:28am
post #2 of 8

you can share other sites. If a site name is blocked it is because that site has spammed these forums in the past and been banned. In one case the site is blocked for legal reasons.

e1ande2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
e1ande2 Posted 10 Jan 2012 , 4:47pm
post #3 of 8

Ok but that still makes no sense as my post from yesterday asking about how to find a local baker was deleted.

And the person that answered me asked where I was located to see if someone on CakeCentral was local to my area and could help me with a cake. And some else posted a google listing of local bake shops I could call to ask. That's it, no selling.

I even tried to get back to my post from the email notification that said someone had answered me and the post is totally gone.

When people are new, you should not just blow their post away with no explanation of what happened or what they did wrong.

I came here for help, but with help like that, who has the time to waste.

dawnybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnybird Posted 10 Jan 2012 , 5:06pm
post #4 of 8

Okay, thanks for the answer to my question!

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 10 Jan 2012 , 5:12pm
post #5 of 8

I see were Heath is coming from and also e1ande2. Maybe if you hoped to get help from a local Cake Central member you could post your location and ask if anyone is in your local area, and if so would they please PM you because you were hoping for some help with a cake. If they didn't mind assisting you.

I can see that people responding yesterday attached a list of business addresses in your area. And I'm not sure that was the help you were looking for.

Anyhow just a suggestion, maybe it's all in the wording.

Hope you get the help you require.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 10 Jan 2012 , 6:25pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1ande2

Ok but that still makes no sense as my post from yesterday asking about how to find a local baker was deleted.

And the person that answered me asked where I was located to see if someone on CakeCentral was local to my area and could help me with a cake. And some else posted a google listing of local bake shops I could call to ask. That's it, no selling.

I even tried to get back to my post from the email notification that said someone had answered me and the post is totally gone.

When people are new, you should not just blow their post away with no explanation of what happened or what they did wrong.

I came here for help, but with help like that, who has the time to waste.

You're right, the entire thread is deleted and I don't know why... I didn't see anything inappropriate. I agree that an explanation (to the OP) would be helpful, or a lock with an explanation to all (with potential inappropriate posts deleted), but I'm not here to suggest how to run the site.

I was the one who posted the google listing and suggestion to call the local supply store for a referral. Honestly, I'm glad the thread is gone. I can't believe I was such a moron to reply to the question--those who own a computer have access to google, and I wasted my time pretending to be the information operator when a local telephone book could have been utilized. (Remember what people used before the internet? It's faster than waiting for a response on here.) Just about every answer can be found on the internet these days... I think I'll be limiting my replies to questions that don't already exist in searches. This is aimed to everyone. It's just plain lazy to not look it up for yourself, and it's my fault that I allowed myself to be taken advantage of by doing the legwork or research.

CWR41 Posted 10 Jan 2012 , 6:27pm
post #7 of 8

duplicate.

CWR41 Posted 10 Jan 2012 , 6:29pm
post #8 of 8

triplicate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%