What Do You Use To Glue Toy Story Headboard

Decorating By candyladies Updated 10 Jan 2012 , 1:00pm by candyladies

candyladies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candyladies Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 11:57pm
post #1 of 4

I am doing the toy story bed for a party this weekend. headboard/footboard dried and ready to go...will use rice crispie squares for matress...don't want it falling apart before I get to party...what do you use to glue headboard to mattress? I have never made royal icing or reven such a 3D cake...so all input is apprreciated..novice baker. Pat

3 replies
JenFailla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenFailla Posted 10 Jan 2012 , 12:41am
post #2 of 4

royal icing is very easy- you can get meringue powder at any michael's or any other type of cake supply place. it's just that, water and powdered sugar. another thing you can use is gum arabic and water. (mostly sold in specialty cake supply stores - my michaels' doesn't carry this). both of these things have worked for me... also, maybe reinforcing with a tootpick next time before the stuff dries... good luck- and i can't wait to see it- my 3 year old is OBSESSED with all things toy story! icon_smile.gif

kendra_83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kendra_83 Posted 10 Jan 2012 , 3:54am
post #3 of 4

Tylose powder is a great glue. Wilton makes Gum-Tex which is basically the same thing and you can find it at Michael's, Hobby Lobby, and even at Wal-Mart sometimes. You just mix it with a little water and it makes a great glue. I traveled over 250 miles with a cake decorated with delicate fall leaves and not one fell off.
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2208095/fall-wedding

candyladies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candyladies Posted 10 Jan 2012 , 1:00pm
post #4 of 4

I knew you all could come through for me...I do have the dried eggwhite, and also have the tylose...whoopee don't have to run back to cake supply store. Appreciate your help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%