Bags For Cupcake Boxes To Keep Cakes Moist?

Baking By Bythebullseye

Bythebullseye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bythebullseye Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 6:19pm
post #1 of 1

Hello All,
While I am completely confident and competent in my baking abilities and can guarantee a moist cake, I still have issues with extremely cold weather drying out my cupcakes if they are not inside of an air tight container. Since I am a business, I cannot afford to purchase a plastic airtight cupcake box for my customers and use the standard 10" x 14" natural brown boxes found here http://www.brpboxshop.com/2101.html I understand that most of us in this business probably use these same types of boxes, (perhaps white, striped or colored with or without the window on top), however, they are NOT airtight. Cold weather is guaranteed to dry my cakes out in these types of containers. I would prefer not to wrap my boxes in plastic wrap/cellophane as some sites recommend.

So, my question is..... do any companies sell a type of plastic bag that fits perfectly over these standard cupcake boxes to make them airtight? If so, where can I find them?

If not, then do any of you have any suggestions for me?

Thank you all of your time and support and I hope this post helps many of us who have the same issue.

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%