Urgent Help Required!!!!!

Decorating By rachelarden198912 Updated 9 Jan 2012 , 12:07am by rachelarden198912

rachelarden198912 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachelarden198912 Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 9:55pm
post #1 of 8

at the last minute i have been asked to do 3 cakes a horse head a snail and a banger car cake i have no idea where to start on any but my most difficult is the horse head i want it to look realistic as i have seen some fantastic ones if any1 could help id realy appreciate it thanks xx icon_cry.gif

7 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 8

Are these to be 3-D?? OR just shaped, flat on a cake board (2-d)? Makes a difference how to start.

rachelarden198912 Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 10:14pm
post #3 of 8

well the horse head and the snail can be 3d or 2d but thr car had to be 3d x

cangela4re Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolLee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolLee Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 10:39pm
post #5 of 8

I don't about the other ones you have to do but I made this horse sheet cake that was fairly easy to do once I found the template. Fondant accents.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2190824/pretty-horse

rachelarden198912 Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 10:56pm
post #6 of 8

thanku for all ur help but does anyone know what cake to do the horse head and how to carve it x

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 11:59pm
post #7 of 8

I can understand taking on one big challenge and learning from that...but three? Have you ever carved or sculpted a cake before? If not...and you're crunched for time... I'd look at producing a simpler 2-D as opposed to going for 3-D unless I was confident I could pull all three off.

You don't have any photos so it's hard to tell what your skill level is, however if you're comfortable with the challenge go for it. Sculpting denser cakes, such as pound cake, is easier...and carving a frozen or cold cake helps hold things together better as well. If you make a mistake and carve too much, you can always fill in ...or add volume to your piece with 'cake spackle'...a mix of cake trimmings and icing that can be iced over with buttercream.

I would do a YouTube search and see if there's a tutorial on how to carve a horse head...or whatever you're looking for.
Good luck!

rachelarden198912 Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 12:07am
post #8 of 8

thanku very much for ur advice its bin a great help i think i may stick to 2d for them as it will b alot easier especialy for the horse i have a cake page on facebook under rachel arden cake bonanza feel free to have a look and leave a comment any advice would be great as iv only been making cakes for about 4 months thanks x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%