How Many Ounces?

Decorating By julz210 Updated 8 Jan 2012 , 8:02pm by julz210

julz210 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julz210 Posted 6 Jan 2012 , 8:36pm
post #1 of 3

Okay I am somewhat new to the whole cake thing. I have been making some cakes here and there with fondant mainly just round cakes. I'm getting ready to make a 11inch tall rectangle cake (it will be a specific cake but don't want to give out too much detail). The cake will be 11 inches tall, about 15 inches long and 6 inches wide. I've never done any cakes past a round cake. On Wilton's website it says for 11x15 sheet cake it needs 60 oz of fondant. Okay This maybe totally stupid of me to ask BUT does anyone know how many ounces is in a batch of MMF? My recipe is bag if marshmellows, pwd sugar, water and then whatever flavors or colors I want. I know on my round cakes 1 batch of mmf I can cover 12 inch okay, so would I need a couple to do the entire cake in one color? Again I apologize. I'm going to have several colors but the base is all one color.

2 replies
Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 5:23am
post #2 of 3

I just made a batch using 16oz of marshmallows and about 2lbs of pwd sugar and my final dough is over 3 lbs. but sometimes more or less depending on how much pwd sugar is used.

julz210 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julz210 Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 8:02pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%