Here's A Good Laugh

Decorating By platinumlady Updated 6 Jan 2012 , 5:49am by platinumlady

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 6 Jan 2012 , 3:12am
post #1 of 4

A cake decorating buddy of mine received this email from a "potential customer" We both had a huge laugh... icon_cry.gif

Thanks for the prompt reply to my order request, and for your concern as well, Have been very grateful and inspired ever since the first time I tasted your baking, that is why I will prefer you bake for me..or I rather not bake for my wedding.... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I want you to bake for me a separate 5 tier cakes, which some tiers can be chocolate and some can be Vanilla flavor cakes, and they should be decorated with pink roses (icing flower or artificial), what you see in the picture is a four tier separated stand cakes, but I want five tier cake, the flower can be made of silk, butter cream, icing or real flowers, which ever one you know you can provide. Also in the picture there are some polka dots. I want the dots to be in blue, brown and purple. And you can have the cakes covered in fondant or butter cream, After which, you will packaged, the cakes in your regular cake boxes for pick, by 3 O'clock PM on the 17th of January 2012 ....

A Carrier will be coming to pick them up...to delivery to my wedding reception which will take place in Canada, and I dont want you to worry about the safety delivery of the cake, the carrier will handle the delivery consignment for me. The Shipper will come for the pickup arrangement of the cakes at your place, at the pick up date and time. As I have told you previously, you dont have anything to be worry about concerning the shipping arrangement of the cakes, it will be well secure and in a good condition on arriving the location of my wedding reception in Canada, the shipper will be coming with there refrigerator Van for the pick up and it will be ship under the fragile shipping insurance scheme, a friend of mine has use them before for same consignment of this such and they are well reliable, dependable and secure..

I want you to calculate for me what will be the total cost for this order, including decoration, plus tax if included, and also I want you to add the sum of $980 for the cost of the pick up and the shipping to the cost of the order, so once I have your reply for the total I will remit my credit card for you to charge through for the total cost, and my order booked for the date. And once you have the order secured, I shall keep you posted with pick up schedule arrangement, and I will also instruct you further on how you will pay the agent as to confirm the pickup arrangement of the cake.. Willingly Am also offering you an extra $100 for taking care of my order properly and for any less stress you will go through for completing the transaction for me due to my absence.

Please do calculate altogether the total cost of the cake + decoration and tax + $980 for shipping charges, including the $100 am offering you, then get back to me with the total for all, so once i have your reply for the total cost i will remit my credit card for you to run for the charges, also let me know is you accept Visa or Master card.
I will be waiting to have your reply for the total cost, along with your full address with details of entry point for the pick up....
Hope to hear from you soonest.
Thanks and God bless.

Cynthia Scott. icon_confused.gif

3 replies
BlueRose8302 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueRose8302 Posted 6 Jan 2012 , 3:34am
post #2 of 4

Goodness! Talk about a lot of instructions for a cake she doesn't even have much of opinion on! Please tell us your reply!

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 6 Jan 2012 , 3:43am
post #3 of 4

BIG SCAM....Run and run fast

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 6 Jan 2012 , 5:49am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRose8302

Goodness! Talk about a lot of instructions for a cake she doesn't even have much of opinion on! Please tell us your reply!

There won't be a reply because this is a scam...My friends business is in Missouri no where near the Canadian boarder.
Although we both admitted it would be fun to just send outrageous prices & see how they respond... icon_twisted.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%