They Didn't Even Eat The Cake!!! I'm Having A Moan....

Decorating By jennifercullen Updated 11 Jan 2012 , 3:07pm by cocobean

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 10 Jan 2012 , 6:10pm
post #31 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herekittykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

I know how you feel...I made christmas cookies for my co-workers last month.They are the vintage cookies in my gallery...came to find out that no one (!) eat the cookies, they still have them at their desks on display!! ----they said they're too pretty icon_sad.gif

Rosie, I'm not going to lie, I probably wouldn't have eaten mine either, those are just stunning; particuarily with the dimentional details you added.

Ahhhh, thank you Herekittykitty thumbs_up.gif
Btw, I love your nick! icon_biggrin.gif

LNW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LNW Posted 11 Jan 2012 , 1:20am
post #32 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocobean

I've heard, "it's too cute or pretty to cut" one to many times, so I actually started a business called CounterFitCakes, these cakes ARE ALL for the purpose of displaying in your kitchen, bedroom, living room, etc. forever, if you would like!! They are on pretty pedestals and covered with glass domes so that dusting is not a problem.

I still make and eat REAL cakes as well.

I Love having CounterFitCakes in my own house. Some people just like to look at pretty cakes. I admit I am one of them! hehehe Here is a link to some that I have done.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.141062492603104.22811.141037845938902&type=3

Wow that is the coolest thing I've ever seen thumbs_up.gif I have several very beautiful cake stands that I like to sit out on my kitchen count but I usually fill them with cookies or doughnuts. A fake cake would be PERFECT! I never thought of something like that. Your cakes are gorgeous btw. I like the one with the dripping chocolate and cherries on top.

LNW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LNW Posted 11 Jan 2012 , 1:22am
post #33 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocobean

I've heard, "it's too cute or pretty to cut" one to many times, so I actually started a business called CounterFitCakes, these cakes ARE ALL for the purpose of displaying in your kitchen, bedroom, living room, etc. forever, if you would like!! They are on pretty pedestals and covered with glass domes so that dusting is not a problem.

I still make and eat REAL cakes as well.

I Love having CounterFitCakes in my own house. Some people just like to look at pretty cakes. I admit I am one of them! hehehe Here is a link to some that I have done.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.141062492603104.22811.141037845938902&type=3

Wow that is the coolest thing I've ever seen thumbs_up.gif I have several very beautiful cake stands that I like to sit out on my kitchen count but I usually fill them with cookies or doughnuts. A fake cake would be PERFECT! I never thought of something like that. Your cakes are gorgeous btw. I like the one with the dripping chocolate and cherries on top.

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 11 Jan 2012 , 3:01am
post #34 of 36

Thanks LNW!

It's really hard to pick one of my CounterFitCakes as a favorite but I do have to say the cherry one is near the top of the list.

Make sure if you ever decide to make yourself a CounterFitCake that you have a glass dome to cover it. It seems to preserve the color and make dusting easier! icon_smile.gif

jennifercullen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifercullen Posted 11 Jan 2012 , 12:48pm
post #35 of 36

Cocobean that idea id brilliant! I was considering making a cake for my step mums birthday this month but I know she is one of the never eat them gang lol. That would be a wonderful idea for her! Your cakes are so beautiful. I need to order me some dummys![/quote]

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 11 Jan 2012 , 3:07pm
post #36 of 36

Thanks jenninercullen! If you do make a CounterFitCake I'd love to see it with the pedestal and dome you use. Good luck.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/CounterFitCakes/141037845938902
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/CounterFitCakes/141037845938902?sk=photos

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%