Sugar Shack's Icing ???

Decorating By nikki1273 Updated 5 Jan 2012 , 11:14pm by Spooky_789

nikki1273 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki1273 Posted 4 Jan 2012 , 1:29am
post #1 of 3

Hello and Happy New Year!!! Can someone who uses Sugar Shack's icing let me know if the leftovers can be frozen. If so, any tips on what to freeze it in or any special methods? Also, I assume that if it can be frozen that it would need thawed in the fridge and then re-whipped, correct? TIA

2 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 4 Jan 2012 , 1:58am
post #2 of 3

I use SS recipe all the time and I always freeze it. I use the plug method which means I put one cup of icing in saran wrap and wrap it up like a long fat sausage. I twist both ends shut. Then I place all the plugs in a zip lock freezer bag. When I want to reuse it, I set out only the number of plugs I need and let them thaw on the counter. I do not have to rewhip it. I just snip off one end of the plug and drop it into my piping bag. I do use hi-ratio shortening. If I'm doing larger cakes I freeze them in 2 cup plugs so I can use the icer tip.

Also this recipe does not require refrigeration.

Spooky_789 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spooky_789 Posted 5 Jan 2012 , 11:14pm
post #3 of 3

I put my leftover SS BC in a freezer ziploc bag, write with a sharpee marker on the bag what flavor it is and the date it's frozen, then put in my freezer. Then, when I need some, I pull out the flavor or color I want, let it thaw on the counter, mix it with my rubber spatula, then frost my cake or cupcakes.

I used to keep it in the fridge but I found I'd eat too much of it so now I store it in the freezer! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%