Advertising Your Business Question

Business By bluedaisies Updated 5 Jan 2012 , 2:32am by CWR41

bluedaisies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluedaisies Posted 3 Jan 2012 , 1:52am
post #1 of 4

I'm going to order some business cards and a few flyers, and I was thinking about one of those car magnets.. though I'm not sure if it's worthwhile. I've tried googling it but all I found was ads for purchasing them, not the actual effectiveness of that route of advertising.

What do you think? Experience?

3 replies
MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 3 Jan 2012 , 2:06am
post #2 of 4

Car magnets are a fairly inexpensive way to advertise your business. But the car it's on must have a nice appearance and obey all traffic rules.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 5 Jan 2012 , 1:25am
post #3 of 4

I don't bother with magnets, because it's unlikely that someone is actually going to find you from one. I can't remember the last time I saw a car magnet and could remember what it said by the time I got home!

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 5 Jan 2012 , 2:32am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisies

...the actual effectiveness of that route of advertising.

What do you think? Experience?

I think the actual effectiveness is going to differ greatly for each individual situation and location.

For example, if you're a hobbyist and the vehicle mainly stays on your driveway or in your garage, then the sign gets little exposure with poor results.

If you're a professional and the vehicle is used extensively for deliveries or is parked in the ideal spot of your commercial lot, then the higher exposure will yield greater results. (Although I believe temporary magnets aren't typically used on commercial vehicles.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%