Fondant Pick Up Truck

Decorating By KaKe2333 Updated 24 Dec 2011 , 4:29am by Wildgirl

KaKe2333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KaKe2333 Posted 22 Dec 2011 , 6:47am
post #1 of 4

To give you an idea of what im looking for I was asked to make a "hunters cake" and they had requested to try and incorporate a Chevy pickup truck on there. I cannot find any tutorials or really anything to kind of give me an idea on how to make a truck out of fondant. Do I use rice krispies? Any help would be great! Thanks

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Dec 2011 , 7:10pm
post #2 of 4

You don't give any idea as to how large this cake or the truck will be. Get yourself several pictures of the truck and just start playing w/the fondant until it starts to look like a truckicon_smile.gif Sometimes one can get away w/something looking cartoonish rathen than being exact down to every detail. This might be a cartoon time icon_smile.gif

ButRCream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButRCream Posted 23 Dec 2011 , 7:29pm
post #3 of 4

Only have experience with attempting one GMC truck replica out of a fondant/gum paste mixture - not a whole lot of experience here, but size definitely plays a part in your planning - if it's going to be very big - I'd def go with rice krispie treat covered. If it's fairly small - you'd probably be okay with a fondant/gum paste truck. I was very fortunate that my clients provided tons of photos from lots of angles of the specific truck they wanted - so that was a HUGE help!

Wildgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildgirl Posted 24 Dec 2011 , 4:29am
post #4 of 4

Sounds fun - please post what you do!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%