Inverted Metal Freezer Molds For Chocolate?

Decorating By BBCTom Updated 21 Dec 2011 , 9:21pm by BlakesCakes

BBCTom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BBCTom Posted 21 Dec 2011 , 12:56am
post #1 of 2

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone could tell me where I would be able to find some inverted metal flower and leaf shaped molds for melted chocolate?

For anyone who doesn't know what these are (I'm guessing most people, as I am yet to speak to anybody who has heard of them), they are inverted metal flower shapes, on sticks, that are left in the freezer to stay super cold, then once your cake is ready for the final touch, you remove them from the freezer, holding them by the handle (the stick) and dip the inverted flower end into the melted chocolate for an instant. Then once you remove it, the chocolate instantly sets, forming a stunning chocolate flower on top of your cake. The process can then be repeated with the leaves.

I hope and pray that someone knows what I am talking about, as I am desperate to get these for my girlfriend for Christmas, but I have been unable to source anything like this anywhere.

Here is a picture of the kind of thing I am talking about;

This is the only image I have managed to find that resembles what I am thinking of (the flower on the stick at the top of the image) so if anyone knows, could you please get back to me.

Thank you for your kindness and patience,



1 reply
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 21 Dec 2011 , 9:21pm
post #2 of 2

They're called Magyfleur. If you google it, you'll find several options.


Quote by @%username% on %date%