Daughters 3Rd Birthday Cake

Decorating By renee77703 Updated 20 Dec 2011 , 9:39pm by Debbye27

renee77703 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee77703 Posted 20 Dec 2011 , 2:59am
post #1 of 4

Hi, my name is Renee and I am planning to make my daughter her 3rd birthday cake. She wants a play school cake. I have already made the figurines/cake toppers, but not sure what cake/filling combo to go with. Ive been searching the net for a list of fillings to go with certain cakes, but cant seem to find anything. Does anyone have any suggestions?? I will be covering the cake with marshmellow fondant, so will need a dense cake. all ideas welcome
thanks

Private message icon_smile.gif

3 replies
AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 20 Dec 2011 , 12:09pm
post #2 of 4

Hi Renee,

For a child, something simple is always good. You can never go wrong with a funfetti cake! You can either use your favorite box mix (most varieties have a funfetti flavor) or just add three tablespoons of rainbow colored jimmies to the batter. I would just use a vanilla buttercream to fill the cake.

Annie

teabag22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teabag22 Posted 20 Dec 2011 , 9:02pm
post #3 of 4

Hi,

What kind of cake does your daughter like, pick your flavour combo on what your daughter likes!

Debbye27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbye27 Posted 20 Dec 2011 , 9:39pm
post #4 of 4

for little kids, I like to add a little food coloring to vanilla batter, and swirl it around...for a girl - pink and purple, or even pastel colors...depends on the outside of cake what colors I do for the inside....and vanilla tastes great with swiss meringue butter cream... plenty of recipes on here...I've even gone as far to do a complete rainbow swirl cake before- 6 bowls of bright colors, and scooped them one by one into the pan all around - - that is very time comsuming, but the effect is wonderful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%