Christmas Candle Cake - Difficult?

Decorating By Alfiesmom Updated 28 Dec 2011 , 3:32pm by Alfiesmom

Alfiesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alfiesmom Posted 18 Dec 2011 , 7:57pm
post #1 of 5

I want to try & make a candle cake this week and I won't pay for the only tutorial I found. I've made several mini cakes in the past. However, I envision my candle cake being taller. Do I need a dowel or straw for support? I envision two candles, side by side, one about 7 inches tall, the other shorter. I bought the battery tealights. any help would be appreciated

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Dec 2011 , 9:44pm
post #2 of 5

You will need six 5" or 6" round; torte/split one of them in 1/2. Stack them - cake, filling, cake together on the base board. (should be 4" tall) . Straws go in this bottom 4" tall section - just 4 will be plenty of support. Next, on a board the same size as the cake, stack cake, filling & 1/2 layer placing it on the 1st stack - making this candle 7" tall. (set aside the other 1/2 layer for 2nd candle). (You have now used 3 & 1/2 layers)
The shorter candle can be just cake, filling, cake, filling, 1/2 layer = 5" tall (Or leave off the 1/2 layer for a 4" tall candle and serve it to the family). You would not need any support in that one.

Alfiesmom Posted 20 Dec 2011 , 1:49am
post #3 of 5

Thanks. so straws on bottom half (or 3/4) and then a cake board then the top cakes. Got it.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 28 Dec 2011 , 3:01pm
post #4 of 5

How did these turn out for you? Or did you actually ever get to making them ? icon_smile.gif

Alfiesmom Posted 28 Dec 2011 , 3:32pm
post #5 of 5

yes, i made one. in my pictures. came out good. thanks again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%