New Gingerbread Flavored Marshmallows At Walmart

Baking By Cookie4 Updated 30 Dec 2011 , 7:08pm by grandmomof1

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 17 Dec 2011 , 12:22am
post #1 of 10

Just thought I'd share with everyone a new flavor (at least new to me) marshmallows at Walmart - Gingerbread. They smell wonderful and are shaped like little gingerbread men and are slightly browned. They are $1.09 per package and located where the holiday baking specialty isle is in the store. Now, I know you all get inspired when you see a new product so I was thinking - marshmallow fondant made with gingerbread marshmallows cut out on top of gingerbread cookies then decorated. So much better tasting than royal or color flow. What do you think? Merry Christmas to all!

9 replies
Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 18 Dec 2011 , 11:56pm
post #2 of 10

I have not seen them, but it definitely sounds good. I agree, that would be perfect for a gingerbread cookie and it will taste great. Or to make MMF to cover a spice cake...

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 19 Dec 2011 , 3:08am
post #3 of 10

I sold cupcakes at the mall over the weekend and I made pumpkin with cream cheese icing and decorated the top wit a gingerbread marshmallow. I made 150 and sold out! (I had 7 flavors, 150 of each flavor and came home with 60 of them.)

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 19 Dec 2011 , 5:23pm
post #4 of 10

I had a student use the gingerbread marshmallows to make MMF and she was thrilled with the results.

superwawa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superwawa Posted 19 Dec 2011 , 5:48pm
post #5 of 10

That sounds like a great idea! I always keep a lookout for flavored marshmallows, but to make rice krispie treats, I have not yet tried to make fondant. Some other flavors I have seen so far are pumpkin, strawberry and peppermint.

pinklatte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklatte Posted 24 Dec 2011 , 3:51am
post #6 of 10

I bought some and made marshmallow fondant and covered the gingerbread cookies with these thanks to this post. They tasted great however dh prefers them without the gingerbread without fondant.

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 25 Dec 2011 , 6:29am
post #7 of 10

i didn't see the gingerbread, but i did find the caramel/vanilla swirl:

and the Cinnamon Bun:

i snatched those up ... for some reason my local grocery store doesn't carry these items but Walmart does!

chocolate_luvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolate_luvr Posted 30 Dec 2011 , 6:33pm
post #8 of 10

Great idea. Might have to try it myself!

tjames30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tjames30 Posted 30 Dec 2011 , 6:52pm
post #9 of 10

Cinnamon Bun marshmallows sound yummy! Need to try those on my snickerdoodle cake recipe!

grandmomof1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmomof1 Posted 30 Dec 2011 , 7:08pm
post #10 of 10

While we are at, the chocolate ones are great in the MMF recipe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%