Red Buttercream

Decorating By mudderteresa Updated 17 Dec 2011 , 2:13am by Annabakescakes

mudderteresa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mudderteresa Posted 16 Dec 2011 , 8:43pm
post #1 of 8

can someone tell me the best thing to use to color buttercream christmas red?i just know i did burgundy for a prior use and it turned out disgusting...thanks in advance

7 replies
2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 16 Dec 2011 , 9:01pm
post #2 of 8

I found that Americolor reds are alot better than Wiltons...but you can add red and it will look pinkish or even burgundy color...the trick is to let it sit a few days for the color to deepen and darken to red. It will happen.

I had alot of problems learning this one ....but as you can see from my pictures It does work when you have patience.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 16 Dec 2011 , 9:07pm
post #3 of 8

As far as I know, there is no good way to color Buttercream red. I only use red as an accent or ice in white then airbrush it red.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 16 Dec 2011 , 9:45pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes

As far as I know, there is no good way to color Buttercream red. I only use red as an accent or ice in white then airbrush it red.

Basically. I won't do dark colored butter creams, only fondant.

smallnmighty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smallnmighty Posted 16 Dec 2011 , 10:22pm
post #5 of 8

Use oarnGe, rose, and no taste red. You should get a nice red color

gb89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gb89 Posted 17 Dec 2011 , 12:04am
post #6 of 8

Thanks for the info. Where were you guys when I needed you a few days ago?? (Probably would have helped if I posted to CC.) I used Americolor Super Red and got a deep rose. Instead of it being Santa's hat, I said it was Mrs. Clause and she was supporting Breast Cancer Awareness.

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 17 Dec 2011 , 12:20am
post #7 of 8

Try Americolor red, make it a head of time and freeze it...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=307623065936524&set=pu.215268065172025&type=1&theater

HTH

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 17 Dec 2011 , 2:13am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by gb89

Thanks for the info. Where were you guys when I needed you a few days ago?? (Probably would have helped if I posted to CC.) I used Americolor Super Red and got a deep rose. Instead of it being Santa's hat, I said it was Mrs. Clause and she was supporting Breast Cancer Awareness.

Good save! That is hilarious!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%