Has Anyone Ever Heard Of This Technique?

Decorating By staceyboots Updated 14 Dec 2011 , 6:00pm by staceyboots

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 14 Dec 2011 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 5

Hi CC'ers

I have just finished making a batch of Champagne Cupcakes (using cake mix) and unfortunately they came out a little dry. I did some research on the Internet and I came across a technique where the poster recommended steaming cake over a simmering pan of water in order to add moisture.

So I was thinking that I have one of those pots that you used to steam vegetables and I was going to add some water in the bottom of the pan, place the cupcakes in the top part (the one with the perforations), and let them steam for a few minutes.

Here the link:
http://www.ehow.com/how_2171120_add-moisture-dried-out-cake.html

Has anyone ever tried this technique with any success? Please let me know because I would hate to redo the batch because I don't have much time.

Thanks

Stacey

4 replies
ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 14 Dec 2011 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 5

I would just brush with some simple syrup.

staceyboots Posted 14 Dec 2011 , 5:48pm
post #3 of 5

Hi

I was thinking to use the simple syrup too but, in this case, it is the bottom of the cupcake that is dry (the oven temp was too high).

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 14 Dec 2011 , 5:53pm
post #4 of 5

I would think steaming would make the paper wrappers come away from the cupcakes. I do know that my friend makes her cakes by steaming. If they are in wrappers, I would be more inclined to poke the cuppie with a toothpick and use the simple syrup, so the syrup would get to the bottom.

staceyboots Posted 14 Dec 2011 , 6:00pm
post #5 of 5

Okay...I'll give "soaking" with some liqueur a try.

Thanks, everyone!

Stacey

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%