Cupcake Gift Baskets

Business By Susan0614 Updated 14 Dec 2011 , 3:52pm by Susan0614

Susan0614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susan0614 Posted 13 Dec 2011 , 8:40pm
post #1 of 3

I need to get large cupcake baskets and 10 small ones done this week and the company I was ordering my single serve containers from is on back order. I was wondering what it is you ladies would recommend using to keep each cupcake looking its best. Also I am trying to find a subsitute for whip cream toppings. I know they are not safe to leave sitting so I don't want to leave that in a basket for someone to get after the 4 hour mark. This is the first order I have had for gift baskets so I am open to all kinds of suggestions. Thanks ladies

2 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 13 Dec 2011 , 9:35pm
post #2 of 3

As a sub for whipping cream, you can use one of the shelf stable bakery products such as
Rich's Bettercreme, Pastry Pride and I think there are a few more. You want the liquid kind preferablly and you can whip it up with flavorings as a sub for whip cream.

I add white chocolate pudding and little white chocolate Toranni's syrup and it cuts the chemically flavor of the mixes. They're shelf stable for 5 days which is a great. No idea on the containers. sorry.

Oh and you can get the Rich;s or Pastry Pride at Smart and Final, Gordon Food Supply, Cash and Carry or most cake supply stores. You have to ask at the cake supply stores because it requires refrigeration while it's in liquid form.

Susan0614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susan0614 Posted 14 Dec 2011 , 3:52pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you I found out my cake supply store carries both so I will be picking up the pastry pride today.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%