I Need Help With Good Recipes

Decorating By allcupcakedout Updated 13 Dec 2011 , 4:34pm by idreamincupcakes

allcupcakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allcupcakedout Posted 13 Dec 2011 , 2:41pm
post #1 of 5

I need help. I'm struggling to find good recipes for cake decorating. I made these cakes yesterday with the Chocolate WASC recipe and when I cut it to even the top, it just turns crumbly. I have watch some videos on covering a cake with fondant and the cakes seem to cut so neatly. I need help. Or some good recipes! I have to make a 3 tiered topsy turvy chocolate, vanilla and strawberry cake. Should I be using pound cake?

4 replies
kearniesue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kearniesue Posted 13 Dec 2011 , 2:52pm
post #2 of 5

I use the WASC recipes only and haven't had issues with it. If I'm carving though, I don't add pudding (that makes it more crumbly!).

Good luck!

Karen

MissHollyBerrys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissHollyBerrys Posted 13 Dec 2011 , 2:54pm
post #3 of 5

Is the cake crumbling because it appears dry or is it appear too moist? You may need to adjust any add-ins to either cut down some moisture if too moist or add more moisture if too dry. Good luck! keep us posted!

allcupcakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allcupcakedout Posted 13 Dec 2011 , 3:31pm
post #4 of 5

The cake is crumbling because it's too moist.

idreamincupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idreamincupcakes Posted 13 Dec 2011 , 4:34pm
post #5 of 5

I had a problem with my wasc chocolate cake also, mine would fall in the middle, try this:

Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake

2 cups sugar
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
Directions

Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.

Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.

Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%