How Will This Look?

Decorating By funtodecorate2 Updated 12 Dec 2011 , 11:42pm by FromScratchSF

funtodecorate2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funtodecorate2 Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 7:23pm
post #1 of 8

Hi,
I'm working on a 3 tier cake I will be using crusting cream cheese frosting. I've been working on poinsettias and chocolate pinecones. I want to make white snowflakes out of royal icing. . Do you think the white royal icing will look bad up against the cream cheese color ? She also wanted some roses.
I've made them out of gumpaste( white) and brushed them with red and gold pearl dust . They look pretty but do you think they will go good with the other decor that i've listed above or should I put the roses on the side cake she wants?
I think she wanted the roses on the 3 tier so was just thinking about putting them around the cake top only? what do you guys think. I keep drawing pictures to figure this all out but thought I'd consult with the more professionals icon_smile.gif
thanks Wendy

7 replies
KerryBethMcc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KerryBethMcc Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 8:32pm
post #2 of 8

Maybe you should make the snowflakes ivory icon_smile.gif
The cake sounds fabulous all in all! Hope it goes well icon_biggrin.gif

melanie-1221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melanie-1221 Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 8:57pm
post #3 of 8

I would do ice blue snowflakes dusted with some sparkle dust and keep it colorful. I do think the bright white might be too much contrast against the cream cheese frosting.

funtodecorate2 Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 9:25pm
post #4 of 8

the ice blue sounds cool. What color do you use for that?
I've made about 4 right now. Have about 25 all together to do. I can save the four I've made for cupcakes icon_biggrin.gif
Coloring the icing do I put sparkling glitter on there? I don't have any and won't until tomorrow. How would I make it stick ?
thanks
Wendy

melanie-1221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melanie-1221 Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 9:41pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by funtodecorate2

the ice blue sounds cool. What color do you use for that?
I've made about 4 right now. Have about 25 all together to do. I can save the four I've made for cupcakes icon_biggrin.gif
Coloring the icing do I put sparkling glitter on there? I don't have any and won't until tomorrow. How would I make it stick ?
thanks
Wendy

I would use just a drop of blue color paste to tint the icing, after they are dry I would mix petal dust with either vodka or clear vanilla and paint the snowflakes and let him dry . It'll add some nice shimmer.
Sounds like it is going to be a beautiful cake!

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 10:14pm
post #6 of 8

I've made snowflakes out of piped white chocolate, and they are about the right color for cream cheese frosting.

funtodecorate2 Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 10:47pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks for all the ideas . icon_smile.gif

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 11:42pm
post #8 of 8

Royal icing tends to melt on icing, especially if you refrigerate your cake. I'd use either fondant, gumpaste or white chocolate for your snowflakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%