Canon Mp495 Printers

Decorating By HamSquad Updated 15 Dec 2011 , 3:07am by icingimages

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 11 Dec 2011 , 8:54pm
post #1 of 3

Can this printer be used with edible ink cartridges? If yes, what would be the cartridge to buy. I was thinking of asking Santa for this for Christmas. It is on sale for $49.99. If not I will wait to buy the iP3600. Thanks

2 replies
JennieS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennieS Posted 13 Dec 2011 , 4:53am
post #2 of 3

I was just on KopyKake and they have a list of the various printers that are compatible with their ink cartridges. I found an Epson here local for $130.00 and am getting ready to purchase the ink cartridges icon_wink.gif Hope this is helpful for you

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 15 Dec 2011 , 3:07am
post #3 of 3

Actually, I would highly recommend the Canon mg5220. I like it better then the ip3600. Not taking anything away from that printer, but I just feel overall when I like all the options on the mg5220. I would steer away from Epson while some people have some success with it, since you cannot remove the printhead for cleaning, you will find that it is more trouble then it is worthy. I find that that printer is also very picky about the way the cartridges are handled and it is just not worth the frustration. Going back to the printhead issue, on the Epson, if you get a nasty clog, you are out the printhead. Plus the mg5220 from Canon is cheaper then the Epson you are mentioning. Jenny, if you, or anyone else would like a sample of our premium icing sheets, just shoot me a PM or email me directly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%