Wiltons Chocolate Pound Cake Recipe?

Decorating By Lovelyladylibra Updated 13 Dec 2011 , 6:59pm by Nyasalicious

Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 9 Dec 2011 , 4:29pm
post #1 of 11

Has anyone used it? Is it a good one? I got it off the wrapper of the giant cupcake pan. I usually use the Hershey chocolate cake recipe but I wanted a batter that was a bit thicker for my 3d pans. Any opinions? Thanks in advance.

10 replies
Lovelyladylibra Posted 9 Dec 2011 , 11:24pm
post #2 of 11

It really sucks trying to get responses on here icon_sad.gif

MCurry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCurry Posted 10 Dec 2011 , 1:45am
post #3 of 11

Keep in mind as others start to ask questions and get multiple answers, your question starts to move down the forum list and may not be picked up by readers. Not sure about others but I typically read the ones on the main page vs. each forum topic.

That being said, I have not tried their recipe. Check out the joy of baking's website. She usually has great recipes. I've tried the regular pound cake and it was really good. Epicurios and Allrecipes have great recipes with tons of users feedback.

Lovelyladylibra Posted 10 Dec 2011 , 1:30pm
post #4 of 11

Yea, I used to try bumping it up with either just the word bump, or a friendly lil message but I got scolded by the mods. icon_sad.gif

Thank you for the info, I looked at the joy of baking's sight. Do you think doubling the pound cake recipe be enough for 2 8 inch rounds? Or do you think I should triple it?

MCurry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCurry Posted 11 Dec 2011 , 3:05am
post #5 of 11

I checked the Cake Bible since the recipe is based on that recipe. One times the recipe yields about 4 cups of batter.
Therefore, I think at minimum you need to triple the recipe .

Hope this helps!

Kathy107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathy107 Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 5:19pm
post #6 of 11

Hi MCurry, Which cake in the Cake Bible is the chocolate pound cake based off of? And how did you know that? Thanks.

SweetcakesCT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetcakesCT Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 5:40pm
post #7 of 11

I just recently tried Planet Cake's chocolate mud cake recipe and loved it. It may work for your needs.

Kathy107 Posted 13 Dec 2011 , 6:09pm
post #8 of 11

SweetCakesCT, Did you bake the Planet Cake mud cake in a 8 or 9 inch cake pan? Also was the pan 2 or 3 inches deep. Any tips you can give me would be appreciated. I have the book and have been eyeing that recipe. Thanks.

Kathy107 Posted 13 Dec 2011 , 6:10pm
post #9 of 11

SweetCakesCT, Did you bake the Planet Cake mud cake in a 8 or 9 inch cake pan? Also was the pan 2 or 3 inches deep. Any tips you can give me would be appreciated. I have the book and have been eyeing that recipe. Thanks.

Nyasalicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nyasalicious Posted 13 Dec 2011 , 6:59pm
post #10 of 11

Kathy107, I make the chocolate pond cake from cake bible all the time. It is very good and tastes great. Also the Americas test kitchen pound cake tastes great too. i have made a chocolate version of that too. I am sure you will have to double the recipe for making in round pans. But you might have some left over batter after doubling it.

Nyasalicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nyasalicious Posted 13 Dec 2011 , 6:59pm
post #11 of 11

Kathy107, I make the chocolate pond cake from cake bible all the time. It is very good and tastes great. Also the Americas test kitchen pound cake tastes great too. i have made a chocolate version of that too. I am sure you will have to double the recipe for making in round pans. But you might have some left over batter after doubling it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%