What To Use For Mini Present Decoration?

Decorating By cakesrock Updated 8 Dec 2011 , 3:00pm by sillywabbitz

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 7 Dec 2011 , 1:31pm
post #1 of 4

I need to make an edible mini present decoration about 3 inches high and 1.5 inches wide. I don't want to use gumpaste or fondant with tylose. I was thinking RKT or modelling chocolate covered in fondant. Any other ideas? I want to whip it up pretty quickly, so don't want it to involved.
TIA

3 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 8 Dec 2011 , 3:59am
post #2 of 4

Use premade RKTs. I would cover in modeling chocolate because I find it easier to work with than fondant. If you press the RKTs together and cut with a knife you can get pretty smooth edges.

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 8 Dec 2011 , 1:25pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywabbitz

Use premade RKTs. I would cover in modeling chocolate because I find it easier to work with than fondant. If you press the RKTs together and cut with a knife you can get pretty smooth edges.

Premade RKT- excellent idea for convenience! Never even thought of it! Just didn't want to make any. Thanks... Well, I will 'paint' it with candy melts (as I usually do) then cover in MMF, as I already have the color I need...
PS: What do you mean - "...if you press RKT's together...".Do you mean if you need a bigger decoration? or want a different shape than the square it comes in?
Do you refrigerate it first?
Thanks again for taking the time to answer and the great advice!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 8 Dec 2011 , 3:00pm
post #4 of 4

When I say press them together, I really mean compress them. It makes them smoother. When I want them super smooth I squish the treat together and the roll it with my hand on the counter. You may not need to do this if you get them smooth enough by coating them in chocolate first.
Also I buy the super generic pre-made RKTs at Walmart. They're in the bakery area, not by the brand name RKTs.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%