Wedding Cake Prices

Decorating By camomama5 Updated 2 Dec 2011 , 3:53pm by BizCoCos

camomama5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
camomama5 Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 1:46pm
post #1 of 3

2nd wedding cake order and it's for 100 people, buttercream, interlocking hearts, white roses and a calla lily or 2. I have 2 quesions.......
#1) Do fondant accents (interlocking hearts) look out of place on a BC cake?
#2) My competitors charge about $.25 to $.50 a slice more than I do for BC. So I figured on $2.50 a slice for BC. Feel free to check out my profile photos to get an idea of skill level. I am not as good as my competitors (yet!) So although this varies can I get some ideas as to final pricing? One more thing, the wedding is an hour and 15 min away on New Years Eve. I hate this part....pricing.

2 replies
AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 2:13pm
post #2 of 3

Camomama, you do very nice work. I actually saved your mini cakes picture a while back.

I don't think fondant accents look strange on a buttercream cake. I do them all the time. It all depends on how the design is executed.

I don't know where you're located, but I can tell you that $2.50 seems very low. You have to make sure that you are charging enough to cover the cost of your supplies (including utilities) and charging for your time.

Figure out how long your flowers are going to take you and charge accordingly, then roll it into your per slice charge.

It all comes down to what is your time worth to you?

Good luck-I'm sure it will be a very pretty cake!

Annie

BizCoCos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BizCoCos Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 3:53pm
post #3 of 3

too low, good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%