Baking Supply Rental

Decorating By ejwillen Updated 1 Dec 2011 , 8:41pm by ejwillen

ejwillen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ejwillen Posted 1 Dec 2011 , 2:12am
post #1 of 3

Hi All!

On a pursuit to find a stencil to decorate a wedding cake I could not find one at a reasonable price. Since I was only intending to use it once I reviewed websites to see if I can rent the stencil. I was unsuccessful which led me to the conclusion that I could rent out baking supplies: cake pans, stencils, molds, cake diplays, etc. Would this be useful to many bakers out there?

Your insight is very helpful!Thank you!

2 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 1 Dec 2011 , 6:11am
post #2 of 3

The rental fee and the gas would probably be close to retail.

ejwillen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ejwillen Posted 1 Dec 2011 , 8:41pm
post #3 of 3

Well, I recently rented a cupcake tier for a wedding a few backs back and they only charged me $20.00. The problem is they only have two and I had to book it almost 2 months in advance. $20.00 for something I rarely need seems reasonable. I guess I was looking at it from a prospective bakers eyes. When I was new to baking I remember how expensive buying the pans was. If I am just experimenting then I personally would rather rent. However, with the stencils, molds, etc. Those can be $60+ dollars and I could have rented the one I needed for $10-$15 I would have.

Any additional insight you may have? Thank you for your comment thus far. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%