Candy Cane Jello Pudding

Baking By cupcakeqt72 Updated 20 Dec 2011 , 4:43am by cookiekisses

cupcakeqt72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeqt72 Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 11:46pm
post #1 of 6

I found Candy Cane Jello Pudding at the store today. I was thinking this would be delish added to make a candy cane flavored cupcake. Any ideas?? or suggestions??

5 replies
AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 11:56pm
post #2 of 6

I would do something kind of old school. Make up the pudding, mix it with a tub of Cool Whip, and ice a chocolate cake with it. Woot!

I don't use pudding mixes in my cake recipes so I'm not much help there. Maybe use it in place of chocolate pudding in your favorite recipe?

Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 1 Dec 2011 , 5:50am
post #3 of 6

make it a mousse and add as filling

JennieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennieB Posted 1 Dec 2011 , 2:01pm
post #4 of 6

I'm glad you posted this I searched the other day on here to see if I could find anything after I found the pudding in the store. I also found gingerbread icon_smile.gif I can't wait to try it. I use pudding in my batter so I'm probably going to add it that way but I was thinking white chocolate would be good with it too.

Brandyf817 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brandyf817 Posted 20 Dec 2011 , 4:33am
post #5 of 6

I only found the gingerbread. I am using a WASC cake recipe (I always add a pk of pudding to my WASC) and using spice cake mix. Batter taste great, it's in the oven now!
I'm going to call around tomorrow for candy cane. I'm thinking of putting it in a vanilla WASC cake and then using a white chocolate frosting! Yumm!!!!!

cookiekisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiekisses Posted 20 Dec 2011 , 4:43am
post #6 of 6

The candy cane pudding is yummy as pudding and would be yummy as a filling too. Unfortunately, the flavor is not strong enough for a WASC. You would need to add some additional sort of peppermint flavor. It was pink as pudding but didn't add any pink color to my recipe. Oh well, I can't wait to turn it into peppermint "wooding" (whip, pudding, frozen in a pie shell; add crushed peppermint candies on top as a real treat).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%