Was Anybody Afraid To Start Their Business

Decorating By cake n bake Updated 28 Nov 2011 , 6:04pm by cake n bake

cake n bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake n bake Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 5:12pm
post #1 of 3

only asking because i want to turn my hubby of baking as a side business with my day job to see if i can make it. But thought of of starting a business is scary not to big on doing finances even though i'm taking business classes in school for my major and the thought of some sue because of a mistake. So how did i work out for you. Did the fear go away

2 replies
sacakesandbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sacakesandbakes Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 3

I was in school & unemployed. I'm a home baker, in Texas its allowed. I started by friends & family asking for cakes. My husband & myself would post my cakes on our Facebooks. Then more & more requests started to come in, now I have friends of friends requesting cakes. I buy supplies as needed, try to get sales, & use coupons to keep expenses down. I
I too am nervous to get too big because I have a job now, have kids, & still want some down time. I mostly have weekend orders, some weekends fuller than others. My husband and friends are eagerly waiting for me to give the go ahead to launch a full blown advertising campaign. Surprisingly today I got a call from a local magazine asking if I would like to advertise in the Dec issue.
Good luck

cake n bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake n bake Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 6:04pm
post #3 of 3

i forgot i posted this in cake decorating icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%