Small House, Lots Of Decorating Tools, No Room..tips Pls

Decorating By artmojo1975 Updated 29 Nov 2011 , 3:06am by Elcee

artmojo1975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artmojo1975 Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 1:58am
post #1 of 7

We have a smaller house but I still manage to make cakes and have accumulated ALOT of cake decorating tools for several years. Any tips on organizing these tools, molds, cutter, mats, rolling pin, etc. My Wal-mart plastic storage drawers are such a mess. Any suggestions?

6 replies
VickiC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VickiC Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 2:40am
post #2 of 7

I purchased one of those multi-drawer rolling tool chests. (I actually have two -one for cake stuff and another for scrapbooking stuff icon_redface.gif). There are several different configurations with different drawer heights so I picked the one that had the largest number of shallow drawers to accommodate my cake toys. It was the best thing I ever did to organize all my stuff and keep it organized without any problem.

mplaidgirl2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mplaidgirl2 Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 3:26am
post #3 of 7

I have a very small space as well. I have these Reisenthel Design Storage Boxes that I store on top of my kitchen cabinets that I love. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reisenthel-Design-Storage-Box-Organizer-M-Black-One-/260825336823?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cba66cbf7

cakestars Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestars Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 3:53am
post #4 of 7

i have a mall area as well. what i did last year was bought two stackable wood stand up shelves. each set had two shelves and i stacked them so now i have 4 shelves. it sorts things higher up taking up much less space. on my top shelf, i keep my turntables, cake boards, sugar, marshmallows and fondant mats, i have a shelf for my cricut and cartridges, a shelf for my tylose, crisco, etc. another shelf that has all plastic containers organizing my cutters, ribbons, cake pop supplies, etc. and then underneath i have my wilton organizer and a couple more plastic bins with specific items organized in them. hopefully this helps you visualize - wish i could upload a picture for you! this works like a charm icon_smile.gif

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 5:02am
post #5 of 7

I married off my daughter and took over her room! icon_wink.gif

artmojo1975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artmojo1975 Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 5:28am
post #6 of 7

Elcee, my son's only three but I've since your post I have been looking at his big dresser in a whole new way......just kidding.

Love the rolling tool chest idea VickiC. My husband has his in the garage....I could have mine in the basement. That must be so nice.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 3:06am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by artmojo1975

Elcee, my son's only three but I've since your post I have been looking at his big dresser in a whole new way......just kidding.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%