Am I Doing The Right Thing?

Business By tokazodo Updated 27 Nov 2011 , 8:42pm by tokazodo

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 27 Nov 2011 , 1:11pm
post #1 of 10

This past season i have been dealing with a person who is selling my cakes as part of a package deal. This person has been high maintenance sine day one but i dealt with it. After all this is business, right?

Yesterday i called to cover final details for final order of the season. I was chided for "Talking to one of my brides, please don't talk to any of MY brides." I had a bride contact me. (middle man gave my contact info) The bride emailed and said that she was cancelling the order with the middle man and wanted to know if she owed me money. I emailed back saying that the middle man paid me upon delivery of the cake and that she owed me nothing. That was it. Short and sweet.

The middle man said yesterday that the bride is using my email to take the middle man to small.claims court for.12$ and that i should never talk to on of "MY brides" again. I explained again that i have never talked to any of her brides with.the exception of this one. I explained that i am an honest person, that is the only way i know how to be and that is how i do business.

Honestly. This middle man also mentioned several months ago that they had fraudulant credit card charges brought up on them for processing a deposit withtout approval. A
I have one last cake order with this person, today. I am.planining on including a letter stating that this will be our last cake order that i am no longer available to fill.any more cake orders for.this.person.

i do not have a contract with this person. I am afraid of any liability. This person seems dishonest and blasted me over the phone and i was/am very upset. This only accounts for 8% of my business and the possibility of the liability is just not.worth it.to.me. Am i doing the right thing? Thanks!

9 replies
CindiM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindiM Posted 27 Nov 2011 , 1:44pm
post #2 of 10

Hello! Your gut has already given you the answer. Loose them!
This person needs you. You don't need them or their drama. End of story. Be happy! Enjoy what you do!

justducky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justducky Posted 27 Nov 2011 , 1:49pm
post #3 of 10

You have made the right choice. You don't need that kind of business.

mariacakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariacakestoo Posted 27 Nov 2011 , 1:50pm
post #4 of 10

Yep. Sounds like some shady business you were involved in. Good to hear you are out!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Nov 2011 , 2:02pm
post #5 of 10

Only you can tell you how to run your business.
You did right.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 27 Nov 2011 , 2:10pm
post #6 of 10

I'm not in business, but I agree with the previous posters. Now is a good time to break ties with this person.

tokazodo Posted 27 Nov 2011 , 3:09pm
post #7 of 10

Thanks very much. I needed to hear it from others. I am sending an e-mail now to cancel any remaining orders.

QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 27 Nov 2011 , 4:26pm
post #8 of 10

Oh heck yeah! All that non-sense sounds scary to me too.

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 27 Nov 2011 , 6:19pm
post #9 of 10

Very good decision! Cut 'em loose and be happy!

tokazodo Posted 27 Nov 2011 , 8:42pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks again for all your input. I sent the e-mail but have not heard from the middle man.If there is any further 'drama', I will let you know.

I apologize about all the type o's in the original post. I was posting from my new kindle fire. I love the fire but the word processing in it, not so much!

Thanks again, It helps to know I made the right decision.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%