Problem With Cream Cheese Frosting Here

Baking By josefina20 Updated 26 Nov 2011 , 7:36am by josefina20

josefina20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josefina20 Posted 25 Nov 2011 , 11:27pm
post #1 of 7

I have tried so many recipe and my cream cheese frosting is never good to decorate cupcake with. I fallow the recipes just as it said in the book, but at the end i never able to decorate with it. I do not know what i am doing wrong.

Last recipe i tried was the DC Cupcake cream cheese frosting, still not luck. Does any one have this problem? is there any other way without adding to much sugar to it?

6 replies
peanut2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peanut2 Posted 25 Nov 2011 , 11:54pm
post #2 of 7

Do you mean that the icing is too soft? I had that problem too, so I used an idea I had read somewhere. I melt a small amount of white chocolate, and I stir that into the icing. It's not only delicious, but it keeps it's shape very nicely. I've also heard that some people use unflavored gelatin to get the same result.

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 26 Nov 2011 , 1:24am
post #3 of 7

Josefina, have you tried the Decorator's Cream Cheese Frosting from here on CC? It's awesome! It tastes great, smooths nicely, and pipes beautifully. I did my first ever wedding cake with it and had no problems. It's the 2-tier basketweave in my gallery.

mclaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mclaren Posted 26 Nov 2011 , 1:48am
post #4 of 7

I learned with cream cheese icing, you CANNOT add more sugar to make it hold up better, like you do in BC.
I live in a hot and humid climate, just a couple of weeks ago or so I made some RV cupcakes and the icing piped beautifully. I used only the only butter + cream cheese + powdered sugar + vanilla combo (I can't recall the recipe but it only has 2C of PS, and 1/2C butter).

But like a PP above said, maybe adding gelatine works (sounds good to me).

josefina20 Posted 26 Nov 2011 , 4:55am
post #5 of 7

woaaaaaaa i thought it was just me with this problem. I will try what you guys suggest to see how it goes.

ghana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ghana Posted 26 Nov 2011 , 6:34am
post #6 of 7

Ive read somewhere that overbeating the cream cheese makes it break down and too soft. It never recovers after that.

josefina20 Posted 26 Nov 2011 , 7:36am
post #7 of 7

i guess this is what is been happening to me icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%