Fondant Vs Ri For Cutout Sugar Cookies?

Baking By khewston Updated 11 Dec 2011 , 7:40am by MrsNisch

khewston Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khewston Posted 25 Nov 2011 , 7:55pm
post #1 of 8

I've been noticing a lot of cookies that are decorated with fondant instead of RI. How much different does the Fondant taste than RI? I love cookies that have RI on them.
Kathy

7 replies
Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 26 Nov 2011 , 9:51pm
post #2 of 8

i honestly hate cookies with fondant but its personal preference

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 26 Nov 2011 , 10:42pm
post #3 of 8

I won't eat fondant on cake, no matter the brand, no matter the flavor...I don't like the texture.

On a thick sugar cookie though, it's surprisingly good.
I've made it with marshmallow fondant, rolled very thin, and I enjoyed it.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 26 Nov 2011 , 10:43pm
post #4 of 8

I always use fondant now on my cookies. It tastes a lot better and it's much faster. I like being able to add texture. I always flavor the fondant...butter rum and lemon are my most popular flavors on cookies.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 26 Nov 2011 , 11:10pm
post #5 of 8

I wanted to add, that I experimented with making marshmallow fondant using real butter, not a flavoring (I normally add 1/2 c. of Crisco), and it was the best I've ever tasted...

The problem was it was really soft and hard to work with it, but I think it had potential, especially for cookies...

thatgirlang Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thatgirlang Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 3:36am
post #6 of 8

Marshmallow fondant is yummy! I've never tried it on cookies but I am sure I'd love it. I am in love with using royal icing. I just enjoy the process as well as the taste. I always flavor it. Flooding the cookies is my favorite part. icon_smile.gif

sugarbabys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarbabys Posted 11 Dec 2011 , 7:15am
post #7 of 8

I use fondant on all of my cookies. It's so much faster and it really does taste better on a sugar cookie than on a cake.

MrsNisch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNisch Posted 11 Dec 2011 , 7:40am
post #8 of 8

I use RI on some and Marshmallow Rolled Butter cream - Here is the link for the recipe that I use. http://cakecentral.com/recipe/marshmallow-rolled-buttercream-for-decorated-cookies

It tastes so yummy and has a real butter cream flavor.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%