How To Keep Cup Cakes After Baking

Baking By kalykreations Updated 11 Dec 2011 , 7:44pm by kalykreations

kalykreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kalykreations Posted 25 Nov 2011 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 5

I am planning to have cup cake business from home, can I bake cup cakes and keep them in the fridge or should I need to bake them fresh to sell them. If I get a order for 100 cup cakes, how can I make 100 cup cakes at once? Please help!

4 replies
Osgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Osgirl Posted 26 Nov 2011 , 1:52am
post #2 of 5

They dry out in the frig. I like to make mine fresh, so if I have an order for the next morning, I make them as late as possible the night before. Recently I had a large order, so I baked each night and as soon as they cooled I put them in the freeezer in ziplock bags. I opened the bags and put them on the counter to thaw out. They were perfect!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 26 Nov 2011 , 5:10am
post #3 of 5

I'm with Osgirl. My cupckes are always baked at the last minute. I have the frosting ready. I bake and cool for a few hours, then out the door unless it's a recipe that benefits from a longer melding of flavors. 100 cupcakes takes very little time, even in a residential oven. If you are planning a cupcake business, I'm assuming that you have plenty of pans.

pounds6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pounds6 Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 3:38am
post #4 of 5

Here are a couple of ideas. I learned from other CC members that you can make up a big batch of bake batter and freeze in a plastic container. When you ready to bake, take it out and use an ice cream scoop and scoop frozen batter in cupcake liners. They are hot and fresh. It allows you to, say for instance, spend time making all the batter on Thursday and bake them early Saturday. The other idea is something I came up with on my own. I use a pastry brush and cover each cupcake with a thin layer of white chocolate ganache. You cant taste it, doesnt matter what flavor the cupcake is. If it's a chocolate cupcake I use chocolate ganache. It keeps them from drying out for days!

kalykreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kalykreations Posted 11 Dec 2011 , 7:44pm
post #5 of 5

Dear:
Osgirl, SCP1127 & Pounds6
Many thanks for taking your time and posting me your valuable hints - all your techniques are noted.

All the best.
kalykreations

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%