Minnie Mouse On Cake Central

Decorating By magee Updated 24 Nov 2011 , 2:36am by shannon100

magee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
magee Posted 24 Nov 2011 , 2:10am
post #1 of 4

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I absolutly love the Minnie Mouse cake by cakebaking gals which was posted March 2009.

They have a brief description on how they made the cake. I love the way they made the name "Katelyn". I looks really really nice.

I would like to use the same technique to do my daughters name. Cakebaking girls said they used MMF. Does anyone know how they would have made the lettering so perfect?

At first I thought it was chocolate and they used a mold applying the pink first and then brown, but after reading I found it was MMF.

I would greatly appreciate anyones help. I tried emailing them, but the post is so old I am not sure if it the email contact for them is still active.

Here is the link to there cake. http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1327856

Thanks,

Magee

3 replies
Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 24 Nov 2011 , 2:21am
post #2 of 4

You can pick a font the size and shape you want on your pc. Print out the font as a pattern for cutting your fondant letters and numbers. It looks like she/they first cut out black letters/numbers and then cut the same letters a little smaller from pink fondant and layered them on top of the black. It is a cute cake!

BeccaW40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeccaW40 Posted 24 Nov 2011 , 2:29am
post #3 of 4

Adorable....I agree with Price, use a template. I discovered the cardboard numbers and letters used in scrapbooking make excellent templates as well!!!

shannon100 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon100 Posted 24 Nov 2011 , 2:36am
post #4 of 4

it looks to me like they used the Letters & Numbers Gum Paste & Fondant Mold Set from Wilton-
http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=1B1F049F-423B-522D-FF5247A2328CA059&fid=1B1F04BE-423B-522D-FBF36CE0A134B46A

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%