Gluten Free Chocolate Cake. Please Help

Baking By ewins24 Updated 24 Nov 2011 , 9:38am by cakeladyatLA

ewins24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ewins24 Posted 23 Nov 2011 , 9:40pm
post #1 of 5

I need a recipe for a gluten free chocolate cake for my nephew who has celiac disease. He is being baptized on Sunday and wants me to make him a cake. I've tried a few recipes out this week but they are so flat and honestly just don't taste well at all. Can someone please give me a gluten free recipe that will taste good to a 8 yr old and not be as flat as a pancake? icon_smile.gif Thanks so much!

4 replies
allaboutcakeuk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allaboutcakeuk Posted 23 Nov 2011 , 10:09pm
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewins24

I need a recipe for a gluten free chocolate cake for my nephew who has celiac disease. He is being baptized on Sunday and wants me to make him a cake. I've tried a few recipes out this week but they are so flat and honestly just don't taste well at all. Can someone please give me a gluten free recipe that will taste good to a 8 yr old and not be as flat as a pancake? icon_smile.gif Thanks so much!

hi there my partner is the same. I'm not sure whereabouts you are but here is a link to a choccy birthday cake with American measurements. Hope this helps

http://delicioushouse.blogspot.com/2010/04/gluten-free-chocolate-birthday-cake.html

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 23 Nov 2011 , 10:41pm
post #3 of 5

All I do is use my regular recipe and sub the flour for gluten free flour. Then add some xanthan gum (the quantities are on the packet). It's something like 1 tsp per 100g flour.

ewins24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ewins24 Posted 24 Nov 2011 , 5:27am
post #4 of 5

Thank you so much!!! icon_biggrin.gif

cakeladyatLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyatLA Posted 24 Nov 2011 , 9:38am
post #5 of 5

Actually I saw gluten free cake mixes in the market. Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%