Quinceanera Cake Pops Or Cupcake Centerpieces

Decorating By naty123 Updated 23 Nov 2011 , 10:40pm by Apti

naty123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
naty123 Posted 23 Nov 2011 , 9:13pm
post #1 of 3

Hello everyone.

My niece is having a Quinceanera and instead of making the centerpieces that people will throw away i wanted to make edible centerpieces. I was thinking of cakepops or mini cupcakes but i have no idea how i can make them into a centerpiece. Any ideas out there?????

sorry about reposting, had posted in the wrong forum before icon_redface.gif

2 replies
Jessicakes831 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jessicakes831 Posted 23 Nov 2011 , 9:43pm
post #2 of 3

Something that you could do would be getting styrofoam to stick the cake pops in and decorating them like flowers. They could be a "bouquet." For the cupcakes, I would just recommend arranging them on small stands. Maybe you can find then for cheap online or make your own, if you're handy.
I hope this helps!

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 23 Nov 2011 , 10:40pm
post #3 of 3

One of my all-time favorites is a cupcake bouquet. They are cheap, easy, impressive as heck, and quick. You could make a bouquet for each table.

Here's a quick how-to, then I'll provide a link to a thread on the Wilton.com forum. The Wilton.com thread was done by me BEFORE I learned the BEST way to do these. When you get to the thread, read the WHOLE thing. Pay attention to Mickeebabe's posts and pictures, her way is best.

Go to WalMart and buy 6" terra cotta pots for about $1.50 each.
Go to a restaurant supply store, or online, and buy 2 ounce plastic "souffle" cups.
Buy a hot glue gun (about $10 at craft stores)
Buy either decorative package 'shred', or green tissue wrapping paper.
Buy ribbon or bows for your pots.

Hot glue the 2 oz. plastic cups together in the pot. Since they are shaped similar to a cupcake liner (smaller at the bottom, wider at the top), they will automatically create a "dome" when you glue them together.

Use hot glue or 2-sided scotch tape to adhere the ribbon/bow to your pot.

Make cupcakes and either frost and insert in the cups, or put them in the cups unfrosted, and frost AFTER they are in place.

Poke in decorative shred or 4" squares of tissue paper in the holes near each cupcake.

Ta Da! You're done!

Here's the thread with photos. KHalstead here on CC is the original poster who got me excited about cupcake bouquets.

http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=147115&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%