Instructions For The Jem Snowflake Plunger Set

Decorating By yummy Updated 30 Nov 2011 , 4:34am by sweetcakes

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 23 Nov 2011 , 8:33pm
post #1 of 11

My cake supply store had the same cutters by another brand so I bought them to eliminate the whole order and shipping thing. No instructions came with it and they really didn't work for me. Can anyone who has the JEM snowflake cutters give my instructins on how to use them?

10 replies
yummy Posted 26 Nov 2011 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 11

Anyone with the JEM snowflake plunger cutter set out there with advice; thanks?

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 26 Nov 2011 , 8:13pm
post #3 of 11

I too bought the generic snowflake cutters and also had a hard time.The plunger constantly got stuck and wouldn't punch out the flake...I guess I should have bought JEM.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 27 Nov 2011 , 2:37pm
post #4 of 11

What exactly is the problem you're having?

yummy Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 5:32am
post #5 of 11

It doesn't imprint the design and I just don't know how I'm supposed to work it; cut out shape first then push plunger down to imprint or vice versa or am I way off?

Yeni131 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yeni131 Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 5:49am
post #6 of 11

You cut first but dont lift the cutter yet. then push the plunger. Then I just, kind of, rub it back and forth on the mat to make the cut cleaner then I lift it, push the plunger and lift the snowflake. It comes out pretty clean.

yummy Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 5:12am
post #7 of 11

Thank you I will give it a try on the weekend; I'll let you know how it coes ut.

Rusti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rusti Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 9:22pm
post #8 of 11

My plunger snowflake cutters are PME. You might lightly dust the cutter with constarch lay the gum paste on the cutter and then lightly press into your hand for the imprint not letting the paste get jammed up in the cutter.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 9:56pm
post #9 of 11

Yeni131 is correct as how to use these plungers.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 30 Nov 2011 , 1:24am
post #10 of 11

I think yummy has the same problem I do with these generic cutters..The plunger doesn't press down enough to imprint the snowflake like the JEM or PME cutters..

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 30 Nov 2011 , 4:34am
post #11 of 11

i cut a whole bunch today. before you punch to eject the snowflake place it on a thin piece of foam and push the plunger down, this helps to get the design in the middle, then eject it, it may not come off right away but just loosening one of the points will help it to fall off.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%