Pls Help With This Design On Top Tier.

Decorating By soledad Updated 20 Nov 2011 , 8:53am by gidgetdoescakes

soledad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soledad Posted 20 Nov 2011 , 3:30am
post #1 of 6

I am making a cake for my nephew, it is with a Japanese character, three layer, 12 round, 4" high. If you could guide me as to what do, to get design that is on top of that cake. I want to open the top like that and put the Japanese character in the middle of it.Colors on opening will be black with red edges. How would I go about it? Do I have to cover the cake twice? With the black, underneath? And how would I cut the opening , so that it looks like the character is coming out of cake?This cake has to be ready by tomorrow afternoon. Thank you in advance for your help. I really will appreciated it. Thank you!!!!

CIAO

http://doodle-cakes.com/tag/football/

5 replies
JSKConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JSKConfections Posted 20 Nov 2011 , 4:10am
post #2 of 6

Looks like you can just cut back the fondant and place the other color cut into the same shape just a bit smaller and lay on top of it, just use a dab of water to stick them together...the character will cover the fact there isn't two full layers...HTH icon_smile.gif

FrenchCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrenchCakes Posted 20 Nov 2011 , 4:16am
post #3 of 6

Plan on the size of the opening you want to make and cut a circle of black fondant that size. Put it on the cake first (over your buttercream or ganache base coat) and then cover the whole cake with the red fondant. Use an exacto knife to cut thru the red and black layers and peal it back. Hope that makes sense! Good Luck!

YummyCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YummyCreations Posted 20 Nov 2011 , 5:17am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchCakes

Plan on the size of the opening you want to make and cut a circle of black fondant that size. Put it on the cake first (over your buttercream or ganache base coat) and then cover the whole cake with the red fondant. Use an exacto knife to cut thru the red and black layers and peal it back. Hope that makes sense! Good Luck!

That's just how I've done it for a superman/batman cake I made and it worked out. icon_biggrin.gif

soledad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soledad Posted 20 Nov 2011 , 8:44am
post #5 of 6

Thank you for the replies. The only thing is that I do not have the nerve to do the cuts, but I just have to!!
icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Yummycreations , I saw your cake and your figures are great! Mine is awful. Thankgoodness is a free cake icon_redface.gif
Ok getting round black circle first and cover it all over with white, peel and paint edges with red. will post pictures. Wish me luck, I will surely need it!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

CIAO

gidgetdoescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gidgetdoescakes Posted 20 Nov 2011 , 8:53am
post #6 of 6

You dont have to make cuts you can make triangle pieces and fold them back so it only looks like it is cut and something coming out of the center hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%