Has Anyone Tried This,

Decorating By mommynana Updated 20 Nov 2011 , 9:35am by myslady

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 20 Nov 2011 , 12:26am
post #1 of 7

http://www.sugarartbytami.com/tutorials/Gelatintutorial.pdf And has it worked out for you? I don`t know what i`m doing wrong, It says to mix 2 parts water to one part gelatin, The geltain I buy comes 4 envelops in one packet, Which is one Tbs in each envelop. So how much water are you using? maybe thats what I`m doing wrong

6 replies
myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 20 Nov 2011 , 1:30am
post #2 of 7

If the gelatin measures 1 tbs then you would use 2 tbs of water. You are using double the amount of water based on the amount of gelatin used.

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 20 Nov 2011 , 4:05am
post #3 of 7

Thanks, Myslady, I tried that but it did`t work, The gelatin did`t melt, I dont know, Maybe the water was`t hot enough, It says the water should be hot, But not boiling,Guess I`ll have to keep trying, But it gets so frastrating after a few times of trying.

gbbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gbbaker Posted 20 Nov 2011 , 4:39am
post #4 of 7

You could try melting it in a pan, just be careful to not let it boil.

fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 20 Nov 2011 , 5:28am
post #5 of 7

You could email Tami. She is very helpful. She does DVDs for Yummy Arts and one of them features the bubbles.

myslady Posted 20 Nov 2011 , 9:29am
post #6 of 7

I cant open the tutorial right now but can share my knowledge about gelatin. Gelatin has to be bloomed (the spongy look) in cold water. Once it blooms it is heated or added to something hot and stirred in the mixture to prevent clumping. Jello is the opposite of this.

myslady Posted 20 Nov 2011 , 9:35am
post #7 of 7

I cant open the tutorial right now but can share my knowledge about gelatin. Gelatin has to be bloomed (the spongy look) in cold water. Once it blooms it is heated or added to something hot and stirred in the mixture to prevent clumping. Jello is the opposite of this.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%