Molded Pearl Borders

Decorating By EvArt Updated 19 Nov 2011 , 11:58pm by JenniferMI

EvArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvArt Posted 19 Nov 2011 , 11:13pm
post #1 of 4

Working on my next wedding cake with lots of new skills to try. Wondering if a molded pearl border can be made in advance and kept to apply later?

This will be 5 tier cake and I'm actually wondering if the border needs to be applied at home or after stacking on site.

OH! And a favorite size for the silicone molds? (Wishing I could see the molds in person to get an idea of size before hand and can not for the life of me mentally picture mm sizes! lol )

TIA!!

3 replies
JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 19 Nov 2011 , 11:17pm
post #2 of 4

Hi! I like the # 8 pearl mold personally. I just like that size. I use it for 18" down to 6" cakes.

If the cake is round, you really want to be careful not to make them up to far in advance. I can vouch for my pearl clay, they can be made a few days in advance and stored in a container.

The best thing you can do is an experiment to see how many days ahead you can make them. Make a strand and test it every day.....

If you need more help, I'm happy to help.

Jennifer Dontz icon_smile.gif

EvArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvArt Posted 19 Nov 2011 , 11:57pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you Jennifer. Guess I will have to get my molds and play with them!!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 19 Nov 2011 , 11:58pm
post #4 of 4

Yes, experimenting with what you will put in the molds, really is the best thing to do. No surprises the week of the wedding icon_smile.gif

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%