? About Stenciling On Bc Or Fondant

Decorating By yamber82 Updated 19 Nov 2011 , 3:22pm by HamSquad

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 2:48pm
post #1 of 5

i did it once with black on bc and had a problem with bleeding. would stenciling on fondant be better? i have another cake coming up. also, what is the best way to get a good black that is least likely to bleed?

4 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 6:31pm
post #2 of 5

If you're using buttercream, start with chocolate and use black food coloring to get it to the right shade. Let it sit overnight before using it and it will get darker.

I stencil on buttercream and don't have a problem with it bleeding...what kind of buttercream were you using?

yamber82 Posted 19 Nov 2011 , 2:12am
post #3 of 5

regular o.O similiar to the wilton recipe. should i leave out all the liquid (milk)? it was condensating. i did the wet spatula technique for smoothing and i wondered if that was why it condensated? should i let the cake sit and dry for a few hours before decorating it? also i used the dark chocolate pillsbury can icing to make my black.

this cake is for next week and it's round. so far i have only stenciled on square. is it any different?

yamber82 Posted 19 Nov 2011 , 1:52pm
post #4 of 5

also i'm going to have to do it a day or so ahead of time and leave it sitting. will that be ok? i'm thinking of doing it on fondant and i'm nervous

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 19 Nov 2011 , 3:22pm
post #5 of 5

I've stenciled with black BC frosting before with no bleeding. Did not use the wet spatula method, I just thinned down the BC frosting so that it was easy to smooth on the BC cake I made. I found it easy to either use can chocolate frosting died black or buying premade black frosting and thinning it down with a little water or milk. I hope this help. I've stenciled in red, blue and white. I stencil on chilled cakes, never room temp.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%