I Need Help

Decorating By PetiteBeaux Updated 16 Nov 2011 , 2:45am by PetiteBeaux

PetiteBeaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PetiteBeaux Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 10:46pm
post #1 of 8

Hi,
i have a party 4 new baby and i need make a special cake
i chose this cake in [link]
http://www.elitecakedesigns.com.au/baby-fairy-christening-cake.html#christeningcake

how can i making this ? icon_eek.gif
i think the baby in picture is so hard
is the flower a"gum paste"?
and what's the baby's color?

Thanx

7 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 11:03pm
post #2 of 8

I think the very fact that they charge nearly US$5000 for this cake suggests that is very complex. They probably have a custom mold for the baby which would have cost them $$.

As an alternative, you can get a small mold for babies here:http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=22031&name=Small%20Baby%201%20Mold%20by%20First%20Impressions and there is a tutorial here: http://cakecentral.com/articles/683/how-to-make-a-gumpaste-baby-with-mold

The flower would be gumpaste, yes.
You would have to change the design of the cake to incorporate a smaller baby though.

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 11:11pm
post #3 of 8

I am going to correct myself on this since I had a look through their other photos. I think they have just used a plastic doll on this cake, as they do on others!!!! The price therefore must be so high because of the Swarovski crystals.

angelleyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelleyes Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 11:38pm
post #4 of 8

I agree I think it's a plastic baby also

audrey0522 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
audrey0522 Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 11:52pm
post #5 of 8

In the FAQ section it said everything was hand made:

'Unfortunately, all of our cake toppers and decorations are hand sugar-crafted by our master cake artist exclusively for our cakes and are not sold separately."

The cakes are beautiful, I wonder if they get permission to make all the licensed characters.

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 11:55pm
post #6 of 8

I just looked at this site and agree that they sure do look like dolls as I have seen a doll just like one of them. The crystals is what brings the price up so much and making flowers that would be large enough to hold a small doll. Use the baby mold from Global Sugar Art, it works beautifully.

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 12:45am
post #7 of 8

I just looked at their site too (and their Facebook page). According to their Facebook page, one of the Christening cakes uses a "high quality imported doll". It doesn't say if that one (the picture you've shown) is a doll or not though.

PetiteBeaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PetiteBeaux Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 2:45am
post #8 of 8

Dayti i like this idea
the baby mold is very nice !
i think i'll use it
Thank you very much every body(^^)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%