Proper Support For Styrofoam Separators Smaller Than Tiers

Decorating By gigiel Updated 14 Nov 2011 , 6:48pm by gigiel

gigiel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gigiel Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 4:47pm
post #1 of 3

how do you stack a cake w/styrofoam separators? does the doweling run through the styrofoam? or does the foam stand alone without needing any doweling other than below it. is everything all on a central support system that you slide tiers and styrofoam over? or, dowel as usual in a stacked manner with boards underneath all tiers? glue the covered styrofoam down to attaching tiers w/ri?
i'm wanting to do a stacked cake with the styrofoam separators smaller than tiers above and below the foam. (all cake, possibly 4 tiers 14"-11"-8"-5",
3 foam separators)
want to make sure the srructure is there without fail. i dont have the sfs. i can make a board w/a flange w/pvc dividers, will that work for this?
thanks in advance!
gigi

2 replies
justkist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justkist Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 5:28pm
post #2 of 3

Im curious to see the responses here. I unfortunately dont have any suggestions for you though so I will quietly wait and see if anyone comes forward icon_smile.gif

gigiel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gigiel Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 6:48pm
post #3 of 3

found this thread in researching: "Stacking cakes with styrafoam spacers? on Cake Central Forum" haven't read all the posts, but i'm guessing the reason why there are no answers is because this has been covered before.
maybe this will help anyone else who's wondering. i'd been looking into this for a few days before i ask, but just now found this thread...like i said, haven't finished reading...going to do that now. birthday.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%