Where To Start!

Decorating By HuginnsMuse Updated 12 Nov 2011 , 5:54am by scp1127

HuginnsMuse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HuginnsMuse Posted 12 Nov 2011 , 5:37am
post #1 of 2

Ok where to start, I'll try and be as clear and not cluster minded as possible.
My husbands work asked me to bake and decorate their holiday charity display cake and 'to go' cupcakes this year. I'll be purchasing the supplys and have two days to do so in their kitchen.
For starters the kitchen is located in the same place where the event is being held. It is housing/school for mentally and physically challenged teens, so it is certified and inspected.

I've a few questions as to go about this, normally I've just done cakes for friends and family (Put my lovely Sculpting and Fine arts degree to more use then propping open a window). If the kitchen is certified and I'm being brought in by the supervisors do I need any type of licensing? Nothing is being made out of the building and I am serve safe certified because of my last job.

I dont want to jump in and say 'Yes!' without knowing the risks.
If this is legal for me to do so, would it be out of place to put business cards down. I've been hired for a bakery but will not be starting till mid-January (replacing pregnant baker).

Also, seeing as this would be charity, I'd be paying for the boxes, where would one go about getting a large amount for a price that isn't going to break my bank around the holidays?

Thanks for any input, help and ideas.

1 reply
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 12 Nov 2011 , 5:54am
post #2 of 2

You need to call your local health dept. They will answer all of your questions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%