24 Cup Muffin Pans

Baking By mbrooksy Updated 20 Jul 2012 , 7:15am by Shanghai

mbrooksy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbrooksy Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 12:17pm
post #1 of 10

Hello playmates

Do any of you use or have any experience of 24 cup muffin / cupcake pans?

Any good brands? 12's v 24's etc!.

I can't find a tread abou tthis BUT I am new so I may be replicating so.. sorry ;P

Mb x

9 replies
MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 1:38pm
post #2 of 10

I've been using the William Sonoma Gold Touch (by USA) mini muffin pans and standard pans after reading a post on here. I love them. The gold touch is a WS exclusive. You can also buy the platinum from Sur la Table, just the standard ones from King Athur's Flour. When in stores that carry them I have noticed the price is about the same for the standard quality pans but they are probably about half the weight of what you get from WS or SLT. If you have time to wait on ordering, sigh up for WS and SLT promotions. They have both been running big sales on these items.

mbrooksy Posted 9 Nov 2011 , 1:56pm
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMillie

I've been using the William Sonoma Gold Touch (by USA) mini muffin pans and standard pans after reading a post on here. I love them. The gold touch is a WS exclusive. You can also buy the platinum from Sur la Table, just the standard ones from King Athur's Flour. When in stores that carry them I have noticed the price is about the same for the standard quality pans but they are probably about half the weight of what you get from WS or SLT. If you have time to wait on ordering, sigh up for WS and SLT promotions. They have both been running big sales on these items.

I'm in the UK MadMillie so not sure if I will be able to order these. How do you find the bake compared to regular `12's

x

MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 9 Nov 2011 , 10:02pm
post #4 of 10

Let's put it this way, I threw out all my old pans, most of them were dark nonstick. I have nicely shaped and evenly cooked cupcakes.

donnlara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnlara Posted 9 Nov 2011 , 10:46pm
post #5 of 10

I got myself some about a year ago, and couldn't be happier that I did! No problems with them baking evenly, they turn out beautifully. Don't know the brand on them, but they are aluminum, and I ordered through ebay after a lot of searching.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 11 Nov 2011 , 7:34pm
post #6 of 10

The 24 cup pans are heavier; if they're commercial weight they are quite heavy. So if you're strong, no problem. If you have issues with your arms/hands it may help you to stick with the 12 cup pans.

mbrooksy Posted 13 Jun 2012 , 10:00pm
post #7 of 10

I's still searching!

Vogue - a brand thats common in the UK gets really mixed reviews. I can get Chicago Metallic in the UK bet at about $100 each they are pricey. Have been thinking about trying to import some from the US?

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 13 Jun 2012 , 11:30pm
post #8 of 10

I have 6 of these and I completely love them. They aren't heavy, and they wipe off easily, and the UPC sticker comes off in one piece with no residue, even after being baked multiple times icon_redface.gif I dont know about shipping out of country, but if they don't, ship them to me and I'll forward them, because they are wonderful pans!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 14 Jun 2012 , 4:51am
post #9 of 10

My bakery uses WS Goldtouch exclusively also. There is such a big difference in the outcome. So 12 for me.

Shanghai Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shanghai Posted 20 Jul 2012 , 7:15am
post #10 of 10

www.wilton.com they're pans are amazing I've been using their products for about two years now and good thing about it is that you can order their stuff online just go to their website....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%