IndydebiS Buttercream

Baking By Vanessa7 Updated 8 Nov 2011 , 9:09pm by Vanessa7

Vanessa7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vanessa7 Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 4:07am
post #1 of 5

Does anyone know if Indydebi's buttercream can be frozen? If so, what's the best way and for how long? I made a batch but ended up not needing it and don't have another order for a while. Sure would like to be able to freeze and reuse. icon_smile.gif

4 replies
doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 4:36am
post #2 of 5

It lasts a veeeery long time in the fridge, I guess because it's all crisco. I've had a batch for about 3 months in the fridge and it's still good. I really only use it for buttercream transfers. I go in a steal a spoonful every couple of weeks just to be sure it's hasn't gone bad. And also because I love the taste!

Mme_K Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mme_K Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 6:32am
post #3 of 5

I freeze it in an air tight container all the time. I do put a layer of saran wrap right on the surface of the icing so it doesn't crust. It lasts a long time. When I take it out to use it, all I do is give it a good mixing before using it. HTH

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 7:23pm
post #4 of 5

Personally I'd leave it out on the kitchen cabinet for a week or two, put it in the fridge for a month-ish, and freeze if longer than that. I'd say it is good 3-6 months for sure. Could go longer, but honestly if I haven't used something in my freezer by that time frame I forget it is in there.

You can break it in to smaller batches if you think you won't use all of it at one time. You can put them in plastic bowls or plastic bags. If I have small amounts of different colors then I'll spread a piece of plastic wrap on the counter, dropped the icing in the middle of it, and wrap it up that way. Then I can store several colors in one bag.

Vanessa7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vanessa7 Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 9:09pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you all! I love this recipe and will be using it by the beginning of December but wanted to make sure it would still be good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%