Help With Baking Cupcakes.. Please! :)

Baking By pandycakes27 Updated 6 Nov 2011 , 4:50pm by MCurry

pandycakes27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pandycakes27 Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 4:05pm
post #1 of 3

Hey, I've had cupcakes in a cake shop recently and I'm wondering if anyone knows how they would have been baked. They looked as though hadn't changed colour when baking in the oven and instead of the top being slightly crusty and darker in colour, they were as soft and light on the top as they were inside. They reminded me of how cupcakes look when baked in a microwave, if this helps?
I just really want to know how they're baked like this, or if it's just how they would turn out from being baked in a big commercial oven?
Thanks icon_smile.gif

2 replies
NanaSandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaSandy Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 4:37pm
post #2 of 3

My cupcakes turn out soft on top, just like the inside, with honestly, not much color difference...so not sure what is happening when you bake? If it helps, I usually turn my oven down 25 degrees....but that is more because my oven tends to bake hot. Maybe that helps though? Hope somebody else has a better answer for you??!!

MCurry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCurry Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 4:50pm
post #3 of 3

Commercial ovens are typically convection ovens and not like the ones we are use at home. I did find that when baking cupcakes at work they did tend to stay yellow or white with little to no brown at all.

At home, I tend to time my baking so that my oven does not brown the top of my cupcakes. Also, I make sure that I do not overfill the paper cups so that when they rise the edge is not touching the pan which contributes to the browning around the edge. My latest has been to buy cupcake pans that are shorter than my papers so I know they will not touch the edge of the pan.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%