Any Top Chef Fans????

Lounge By cakelady2266 Updated 10 Nov 2011 , 7:35pm by TexasSugar

cakelady2266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady2266 Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 10:03pm
post #1 of 10

I know I did this with Project Runway but this is another favorite. Did anybody catch the show last night?

9 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 10:05pm
post #2 of 10

I did. icon_smile.gif

cakelady2266 Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 10:10pm
post #3 of 10

TexasSugar....What did you think? It was a new approach with the "cook down". I would have thrown up if I had screwed up the butchering in front of Emeril and Tom. Any early predictions?

TexasSugar Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 3:22pm
post #4 of 10

I'm glad that guy got booted for the butchering. I very much dislike the younger chefs that act like they are god's gift and can't back it up. When I first heard him talk, I was like oh no you gotta go. I think also that probably showed the other chefs in the room that they aren't playing this season. If you want to be called Top Chef, you need to know how to butcher, as well as good and do many other things.

I haven't formed any predictions yet. Just waiting to see what happens next week.

If they already have 11, then the next round and the chefs in the bubble better cook their hearts out!

I think having Emeril as a judge will be interesting. Not so sure about Hugh though. All through Top Chef Masters I just kept thinking, pluck the uni brow!

Baker_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baker_Rose Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 3:42pm
post #5 of 10

Totally!! I gave up Direct Tv a few months back and my only reason for keeping it in the last year was The Top Chef shows!! I finally had a 60 minute conversation that had me unbelievably angry with their customer service that I cancelled the whole thing. I do NOT have squirrels chewing on my cables!!

Being quite "crafty" I like doing my knitting/rugmaking etc in front of the TV. Lately I've been on Netflix etc and so I really wasn't watching regular tv. So. The cable is gone and then I found that I can BUY the top chef shows for $1.89 an episode. SO instead of $85 a month for little to nothing I just buy the series at amazon and they put the episodes in my "account" and charge me the $1.89 when the episode is available!!!! $8 a month for the one show I DO want instead of $80 for all the ones that I don't. Anytime I want to watch I just watch through the amazon site online. It's so cool.

Anyway.........I was so glad when mr. 22 year old smarty pants went right then and there. I would have been so pissed if he was breaking down my portions!!!! I went through all that in Culinary School, and I will be the first to say that breaking down primals was NEVER my strongest subject.

The new "prove yourself" beginning is very interesting and it gets them in the thick of things right off. Every season they get harder and harder. I love watching, I would NEVER want to do that though, I just can't think that fast on my feet and I don't think that I would like that heavy pressure. Getting a big cake done on time, loaded and through traffic, up stairs, down stairs and set up is enough for me.

Tami icon_smile.gif

QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 4:14pm
post #6 of 10

LOVE Top Chef!!! But boy, did that guy butcher the mess out of that pork! What a mess!

cakelady2266 Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 10:19pm
post #7 of 10

That's the thing about the young and cocky, you can always count on them to have more mouth than skill. He made a real big mess and still didn't get it. Wonder how impressed his clients will be with him after seeing that?

I was kinda surprised they didn't have a longer episode to get all 3 teams in at once.

TexasSugar Posted 5 Nov 2011 , 4:04pm
post #8 of 10

To me it is not just that he couldn't butcher it' it is he offered to do it for someone else. If he'd been the other guy that handed it off, admitted it wasn't his strong suit that'd be one thing: instead he screwed meat up for her amd others. And they have called people out for butchering badly in the past.

cakelady2266 Posted 10 Nov 2011 , 4:15am
post #9 of 10

Well that was unexpected, The Last Chance Kitchen. There is always a twist. Did anybody watch? Is there an eliminated chef you'd like to see back in?

TexasSugar Posted 10 Nov 2011 , 7:35pm
post #10 of 10

I had the TV for this last night but I was doing other things so I didn't really watch it. I DVR'd it so I'll catch it again this weekend.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%