Best Air Brush System?

Decorating By Cricketina Updated 3 Nov 2011 , 4:54pm by KatsSuiteCakes

Cricketina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cricketina Posted 2 Nov 2011 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 7

I am putting an airbrush on my Christmas list....can anyone tell me a good system that isn't overpriced and yet still does a nice clean job?

And also what is a good instructional video for airbrushing techniques..I purchased a video online and it was not cheap to buy but the video was cheaply done ...just not a good instructional video!

Thank you icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
KatsSuiteCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatsSuiteCakes Posted 2 Nov 2011 , 6:29pm
post #2 of 7

I got the 'Master' airbrush for Christmas last year from my son, and I really like it so far.

It's easy to use, easy to clean and I've had good results with the projects I've used it on so far. It does take some practice to get an even color on your cake, but I just set up a box turned on its side on my counter and practiced on paper towels till I got the feel of it. I know that mine is probably on the lower end, cost wise but I didn't want him to invest a lot of money into something that I wasn't expert at.

I can't help on the video instruction, but I have learned a lot from watching youtube tutorials.

Good luck, and be sure and post pics of your airbrushed cakes.

Kat

cupadeecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupadeecakes Posted 2 Nov 2011 , 6:53pm
post #3 of 7

I tested the iwata, Badger, and Grexx airbrushes before I bought mine. I really liked the Grexx, but I couldn't see paying their prices. I went with the Badger and I have really enjoyed using it!

bakingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 2 Nov 2011 , 7:00pm
post #4 of 7

I have the masterairbrush also, have had it for over a year with no issues. I watched youtube videos and practiced on scrap paper and cardboard. I got it on amazon for about $75.

Cricketina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cricketina Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 6:03am
post #5 of 7

Thank you so much for the help....I am so excited to start airbrushing! icon_wink.gif

bakingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 2:19pm
post #6 of 7

My main issue was getting the coordination down, with pulling the trigger, how far to pull it back, bringing it back forward prior to pulling away, how far away to place the nozzle, thats where the practice on the cardboard helped. Get coloring books too, to help practice staying in lines.

KatsSuiteCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatsSuiteCakes Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 4:54pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakingatthebeach

My main issue was getting the coordination down, with pulling the trigger, how far to pull it back, bringing it back forward prior to pulling away, how far away to place the nozzle, thats where the practice on the cardboard helped. Get coloring books too, to help practice staying in lines.

What a great idea! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%