Best Air Brush Machine For Your $$

Baking By Jknoxcake2011 Updated 2 Nov 2011 , 12:51pm by Jknoxcake2011

Jknoxcake2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jknoxcake2011 Posted 2 Nov 2011 , 12:51am
post #1 of 8

Am looking in to getting one of these for some upcoming cakes, any suggestions? Things to look for, tips & tricks?

7 replies
bakingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 2 Nov 2011 , 1:10am
post #2 of 8

I got this one over a year ago and it works great.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002QRWWH4/?tag=cakecentral-20

Jknoxcake2011 Posted 2 Nov 2011 , 1:46am
post #3 of 8

Thanks! I have a ? Any problems with missing parts or problems at first? Several of the reviews said they had some issues. Am eyeballing that one heavily...

SweetDreams_DK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreams_DK Posted 2 Nov 2011 , 2:03am
post #4 of 8

That's the one that I bought as well. I haven't done anything too fancy with it, but it works fine for me. I love that it's small, and relatively quiet. Easy to use, though it came with little to no instructions. It just takes a few minutes to figure out how to hook it all together.

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 2 Nov 2011 , 2:07am
post #5 of 8

I have that one too. It works great!

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 2 Nov 2011 , 2:07am
post #6 of 8

I have that one too. It works great!

bakingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 2 Nov 2011 , 12:41pm
post #7 of 8

No missing parts. In the pic, the small piece with the little screw not connected to anything goes to the compressor and the hose hooks to this, the other end of the hose goes to the gun (it didnt come with instructions) and the little screw on this piece is used to adjust your pressure. The cakes in my pics (my ornaments, pumpkin patch and lady bug cakes) were all done with this airbrush. Anything I can use it for to keep from coloring fondant I use it for lol!

Jknoxcake2011 Posted 2 Nov 2011 , 12:51pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks bakingatthebeach. I hear you on the fondant thing, my husband has been watching me knead batch after batch of colored mmf and he keeps asking me, " surely there is an easier way...". I will order it soon!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%