Tiffany Blue Box Cake

Decorating By mvucic Updated 11 Sep 2005 , 11:31pm by mvucic

mvucic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvucic Posted 11 Sep 2005 , 7:46am
post #1 of 6

I'm making a Tiffany blue box cake for my brother's engagement party. Anyone try this already? What color did you use? I have Wilton's Sky Blue, which, according to it's color sticker on the lid, looks pretty "tiffany blue" to me, but I'm not sure. Should I try the Teal color?

TIA!
Mirjana

5 replies
sue_dye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sue_dye Posted 11 Sep 2005 , 8:31am
post #2 of 6

Here is a how to .... I think it may help you.
http://www.semihomemade.com/menus/01_tiffany.htm

jjandascog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjandascog Posted 11 Sep 2005 , 4:54pm
post #3 of 6

I have used both the sky blue and teal when making an ocean on a cake and I think the teal looks more like the Tiffany blue...very pretty color.

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 11 Sep 2005 , 5:28pm
post #4 of 6

I've made 2 this summer and I used half Wilton's "Willow Green" and half Wilton's "Cornflower Blue" and it was really close in colour to Tiffany Blue thumbs_up.gif .

thecakegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakegirl Posted 11 Sep 2005 , 6:57pm
post #5 of 6

If you don't want to take the time to color the fondant, the Wilton blue looks ok. I've used the Wilton blue before and everyone knew they were Tiffany boxes. icon_smile.gif But if you want to take the time to knead color, go with antonia74's advice. She makes beautiful cakes!

mvucic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvucic Posted 11 Sep 2005 , 11:31pm
post #6 of 6

Hi All!

Thanks so much for your quick replies! I went to the Wilton website and used their color mixing suggestion for turquoise. I mixed Sky Blue with a little Lemon Yellow. It turned out really nice!

Thanks so much for your help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%