Help! I Got Asked To Do A Cake For A Local Bride Magazine!

Decorating By cberget504 Updated 4 Nov 2011 , 11:00am by jules5000

cberget504 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cberget504 Posted 31 Oct 2011 , 2:26am
post #1 of 6

My stomach hurts as I try to come up with a idea for a cake to be used in a local Bride magazine. The description they gave me for the cake is this : "an alternative to a wedding cake, maybe a grooms cake..something delicate."
When I asked a couple questions basically the only other info i got was pastel colors.. someone else is doing a wedding cake and there will also be a cupcake tower..
Does anyone have any advise they can give me?? any ideas will help! She said a two tier was fine.. BLAH!!! help!! I have to deliver this cake in three days! This is my first time doing something this big and I just want it to all work out..

5 replies
MCurry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCurry Posted 31 Oct 2011 , 3:19am
post #2 of 6

I would do a Croquembouche. It is a french style dessert used as a wedding cake. Or perhaps a tower of petit fours. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

BizCoCos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BizCoCos Posted 31 Oct 2011 , 3:42am
post #3 of 6

Mini fairy cakes in a delicate design or as above poster said a croquembouche which can be done smaller than the usual quite tall design, since it needs to be done in 3 days. good luck

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ronaldhelre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ronaldhelre Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 8:09am
post #5 of 6

Really true It is a french style dessert used as a wedding cake.It will make it even more personal for them!

jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 11:00am
post #6 of 6

I thought at first that you had to come up with a design that had already been used and re-invent it, but they just want a alternate idea to the traditional wedding cake? The french dessert that has been mentioned is not pastel, but you could use white chocolate and color it pastel colors and as someone else said make it a smaller version. I ran across a recipe for that not too awful long ago and so I imagine that if you put that in the search engine you could come up with the recipe for it and like I said use white chocolate colored pastel colors to change it up. Without looking at the spelling I can't spell it on here, but I do not what it is and that would be doable in 3 days. Best wishes and if possible send us a picture on here and let us know how it came out. God bless.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%